Saturday, August 22, 2009

Max Muscle Protein Powder

I'm about as far as you can get from an advocate for highly processed food.

My self-imposed regiment of food consists primarily of a diverse number of fresh fruits and organic non-fat plain yogurt in the morning, and for the remainder of the day I try to eat raw vegetable, some cooked vegetables, salads, modest amounts of free-range chicken (and maybe some beef, not crazy about pork) and wild fish. Generally I prefer to buy organic, locally grown foods, but sometime the price of these just seems ridiculous. So we do the best we can with what is available.

This appears to be a very well-rounded, diverse diet that should provide all the nutrients my body would want or need. Even though I don't eat a huge amount of animal proteins, I did not think protein powder seems like a necessary ingredient to my diet.

So you can see how I was slightly shocked when my wife brought home the largest container of protein powder I have ever seen from the little Max Muscle shop on 4th Avenue. In the spirit of adventure, I tried some. To my surprise, I actually like it! This is the Gourmet Protein - Vanilla Carmel Swirl. Sounds awful, but tastes great.

If we listen closely, our bodies will subtly or not so subtly tell us what we need. Generally people get fat because their bodies keep telling them that they are missing some particular nutrient and so we keep eating the same foods, trying to find that missing item that our bodies need... to my surprise this Max Muscle Protein Powder seems to have something in it that my body is missing. It is very satisfying to feel like you hit some food that your body is craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment