Friday, August 14, 2009

Building Day by Day

It is time to build. Stick-by-stick, line-by-line, word-by-word... The art of composition eludes me but doesn't stop the process from moving forward. Self-doubt, self-criticism, bad spelling, poor grammar and lack of confidence holds me back. Let it all go... I hate to start on such rough, dry soil.

Perhaps starting an very embarrassing moment will get me going?

I drank a very tall glass of Seven-Up after a long day skiing Winter Park. The sparkling clear, cold refreshed and quenched my thirst. It still amazes me how parched one can become on a cold winter day in the high Rockies. I thought nothing of the drink until two hours later as we stopped on I-70 just south of Idaho Springs. My bladder started to scream for relief, but the persistence snow kept pounding the pavement into a slushy mess. Traffic backed up to a near stand still as cars slipped and slid all around us. Asking to turn off for a pit stop become impossible.

Arriving at our Fourth Street home, the wet steamy seat was unbearable to see and smell as I walked away from the car. This was the most embarrassing memory of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment