Several times I've heard or read the opinion that our only hope is to turn
urban lots and suburban yards into mini-farms, and their occupants into
farmers (mini-farmers?). That's what Cuba had to do after the Ruskies
pulled out - I keep coming back to Cuba as the prototype for what we'll
experience. They had to resort to an oxen-powered economy. Fine with me.
All OK here. Last batch of chicks is in the field, fourth of five goes on
vacation this Saturday. Piggies will be here 'till November - but what a
life: a seafood-dealer friend of mine brings me picked-out lobster shells
when he goes to the coast, and the piggies get the heads/carapaces/bodies,
still full of meat. They love 'em. Folks have asked, what happens if the
pork tastes like lobster? And I answer, then you dip your freakin' porkchop
in drawn butter and eat it up!!!
And you should see what a good layer of lobster shells does for pasture!!!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment